” PREMATURE GREYING OF HAIR “
’’There was a time when hair greying happened to only older people. But now days due to pollution, stress levels, not having balanced diet this problem increases rapidly. It is a growing concern that today even kids as young as ten years older suffer from greying of hair. 15-28 aged people are the victim of premature grey hair.
As hair pigmentation is a result of complex interaction between various genetic factors, it is thought that premature greying could be due to exhaustion of melanocyte’s capability to produce hair pigmentation. If you’re a victim of early hair whitening. Premature greying of hair, also known as canities, can have a negative effects on appearance, confidence, self-esteem, and social acceptance of the affected individual. The premature hair greying problem is largely genetic.’’
CAUSES OF HAIR GREYING-
Major causes of premature greying of hair are –
4. Usages of chemical dyes
5. Due to some high dosage of medicines
6. Lack of nutrition
7. Genetic causes
8. Unhygienic scalp
9. Hormonal imbalance
11. Lack of some of the B vitamin, iron, copper and iodine
SYMPTOMS OF HAIR GREYING –
1. The main symptom of greying of hair is the lack of regular thicker hair being allowed to grow.
2. Area above the ears and at the temples is the most common areas on the scalp on which one develop first greying of hair. Then it spread around the sides and to the top of the scalp.
3. Hair discolouring before the age of 35.
4. Dry and Splitter hair
WHAT CAUSES THE HAIR TO TURN GREY –
KERATIN is the protein that makes you our hair skin and nails.Throught the years, melanocytes continues to inject pigment into the hairs. Keratin giving it a colour. When we grow older keratin protein level decreases, then the hair turns into grey.
HOW TO PREVENT HAIR GREYING –
1. Stop smoking – smoking tobacco has been tied to going grey before the age of 30.smoking also ages your skin prematurely.
2.Take good care of your hair and scalp – it is said that unhealthy hair is turn grey faster than Healthy Hair , so keep your hair and scalp clean.Think about how you can prevent your hair from dirt and dust. Don’t use hair dryer chemical dye.
3. Massage with egg oil- massage your scalp twice a week with egg oil, and leave it on overnight. It contains anti-oxidant which protects you from premature hair greying.
4. Get enough vitamins – vitamins are essential for hair and skin health. Vitamins is found in animal products, such as fish, egg, chicken as well as fruits nuts and dairy products.
5. Reduce your intake of caffeine, junk food, and alcohol.
7. be calm and joyful.
8. Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables.
HOME REMEDIES FOR GREYING OF HAIR –
1. CURRY LEAVES – curry leaves is very helpful to increase darker pigmentation in your hair.
STEP- boil a 20 to 30 curry leaves (according to your hair size)in a tablespoon of coconut oil, until they become charred, strain the oil .massage your hair with this oil and leave it for night and rinse in morning with mild shampoo(chemical free).Use this process twice in a week.
2. HENNA – henna works as wonderful in greying of hair. It also strengthen and conditioning your hair very well.
STEP – use henna leaves into a paste, add 2 tablespoon of yogurt, 1 teaspoon of coffee powder, and half teaspoon of castor oil. Mix it well and apply this on your hair, rinse after 2 hours. Use this process twice in a month.
3. COCONUT OIL – coconut oil works wonderful for our hairs.
STEP – use coconut oil and castor oil in same quantity and apply it on your hair ,wash your hair after 2 hours .Repeat this process in every week,it will be very helpful for greying of hair.
4.AMLA (INDIAN GOOSEBERY) – amla is one of the best remedies to stop the growth of grey hair, it is the richest source of vitamin c and contains anti-oxidants, that help to renew your hair and make it darker and fuller looking.
1. Drink fresh amla juice, it can reverse gray hair.
2. Dried amla powder is equally beneficial.
3. Massage your hair with homemade amla oil.
5. ONION – an onion a day may help keep grey hair away, it contains antioxidants, folic acid, and copper also. Which restores the hair’s natural colour.
1. Includes raw onion in your daily diet.
2. Use onion juice directly on your scalp.
3. Mix onion juice and coconut oil in same quantity and apply on it on your hairs and wash after 2 hrs. With mild shampoo.
6. VITAMIN B12 – use vit. B12 which is found in egg, fish, meat and dairy product also.
Other beneficial vitamins are –
Cod liver oil
HOMOEOPATHIC REMEDIES FOR PREMATURE HAIR GREYING-
1. ACIDUM PHOPHORICUM –
Hair thin out and turn grey early and fall out.
2. LYCOPODIUM –
It is specific for premature greying of hair.
3. NATRIUM MURIATICUM-
this remedy when indicated or otherwise also stop further premature greying of hair after diseases.
4. PILOCARPUS –
If the hairs are greying prematurely due to dryness of the scalp, the use of this remedy stops it by stimulating natural secretion of the scalp.
5. THYREOIDINUM –
It stops premature greying of hair due to thyroid diseases. It also helps to restore the natural colour of hair not turned completely grey.
NOTE – DO NOT USE THESE MEDICINES WITHOUT CONSULTING A HOMOEOPATHIC PHYSICIAN.
‘’ dear readers if you have any query regarding this blog ,please message us,we will sort out all your queries.’’and at last I want to say please don’t hesitate to consult your doctor if you have any problem and live life disease free.TAKE CARE……